Membership of the North East SHE Partnership requires a commitment to the promotion and maintenance of excellence in SHE management and performance. Demonstration of this commitment requires the following from each member:
- Implementation of an Annual SHE Improvement Plan so that an organisation’s safety, health and environmental management and performance can be systematically improved, year upon year. Audits of the implementation of this plan will further demonstrate your commitment to improve,
- Submission of Annual Accident Statistics so that the performance of member organisations in achieving a safer workforce can be measured and compared to our targets and to industry norms,
- Participation in the Bi-Monthly Meetings which is monitored (at the clients' request) and essential to achieve our objectives to drive the improvement process forward and convince our customers of its value in keeping people safe and maintaining business efficiency,
- Payment of the Annual Subscription Fee (currently £150.00) which provides funding for our administration, meeting arrangements, training and promotion initiatives.
The purpose of these objectives is to ensure the partnership meets the standards that are expected by its members:
- Facilitating bi-monthly meetings/workshops and providing networking and SHE support
- Promoting health, safety & environmental initiatives in the workplace
- Providing a vehicle for members to showcase their products and services
- Delivering training in-line with members/clients requirements
- Improving environmental awareness
- Sharing best practice, learning events/safety alerts and other useful SHE related information
- Supporting smaller organisations with their SHE requirements
- Reviewing SHE Improvement Plans from all members
- Developing relationships with other organisations (trade associations etc.) and encouraging client involvement
- A FORUM to contribute your ideas and seek solutions to your SHE management problems
- NETWORKING - Sharing best practice with attendees from a variety of companies
- DIFFERENT SPEAKERS at each main meeting, covering various relevant topics
- FREE/DISCOUNTED EVENTS and upcoming event information e.g. exhibitions, seminars, training etc.
- ANNUAL SITE TOURS
- DISTRIBUTION of safety alerts and toolbox talks to members
- HSE INPUT and attendance to main meetings (whenever possible)
- REGULAR CIRCULATIONS e.g. meeting invites, requests from members, meeting summaries etc.
- NESHEP CERTIFICATE demonstrating your commitment